Below you can find some ideas on raising money for your tuition:
- Car Wash: Involve your church’s youth to help you organize a car wash for fundraising.
- Sales: You can earn money by selling cookies, baked items, lunches, etc. Ask permission to hold such sales at your church, other local churches, or businesses. Ask your friends to help out.
- Local Church: You can ask your church to help cover part of your tuition. With your church’s permission, tell the congregation about SMBS Ministries and your future missionary trip plans.
- Advertise: Many churches print weekly bulletins, have websites, or publish a newspaper. You can include your missionary trip information and have a wonderful opportunity to tell others about your future plans and ways that they can donate.
- Social Media: Use your Facebook or blog page to ask for support. You will be surprised by the results.
- Letters: Sending letters is one of the most effective ways to collect funds for missionary trips. On average, you can receive up to $2,500 by mailing well written letters to approximately 75 people. You think you don’t know 75 people? Think again. Don’t limit yourself by just family and friends. Send out letters to everyone who you can think of: friends, relatives, churches, youth leaders, businesses, teachers, employers, etc.
- Business Sponsorship: Often businesses reserve funds for donations and contributions. Ask your local businessmen to become your partners or to donate money for your missionary trip. Remember, they don’t always have to be Christian to make a donation.
- Partnership: Ask your friends or family members to sponsor you for the time that you are at SMBS Ministries and missions. For example, find several friends who will donate $10, $20, or $50 a month. Give them your bank number so they can just transfer funds or give them your address so they can mail you checks.